A boy aged 10 has died from electrocution after he touched a live wire in Mangochi.
The boy has been identified as Steven Wisikesi who was a Standard 2 learner at St Augustine 3 Full Primary School.
Mangochi police spokesperson Rodrick Maida said the boy together with his friend went to St Augustine 3 full primary school nearby a stagnant water for a frog stone game.
Whilst there, he touched an Escom live powerline that anchored a pole and instantly he was electrocuted to death.
“This prompted his friend to shout for help but it was too late,” Maida said.
Postmortem conducted at Mangochi District Hospital revealed that death was due to electric shock.
Meanwhile police in the district are advising the general public to always treat Escom wires as live all the time to avoid reoccurrence of similar avoidable incidents.
Steven hailed from Village Mgundaphiri Traditional Authority Mponda in the district of Mangochi.
Magesi a solar amenewo paja kuli jonitu nde don’t forgot
That’s (Natural Mystic) RIP boy
Ku maĺawi ķuliso magetsi
Mmm a escom anangoyasa kut aphe mwana?
kumawona nkhani zoikira tima comment topusa RIP young bro
kumangochi sazima chisawawa
Panja mmati magetsi kulibe, look now..mwawona..mphetsa anthu siyani zibwana zimenezi
Wangochita tsoka ndithu, kumeneko anapezeka akuyaka?
Where did the power come from
But Where Was Mr Blackout?? Eeish RIP Young Boy… Sob! Sob!
y complain kut kulibe magetsi kkkkk Mr 24 tsopano kungofuna ma comments
Bodza lamkunkhuniza ili, ku malawi magetsi anazima kale kale…mwina magetsi ake ndi a ufiti…RIP
But u said its always black out maybe u dont know how to use electricity rest in peace boy its sad
magesi ake othimathimawa? RIP mwana iwe
Simumati magetsi kulibe,iwe chakwera uphesa anthu
“Meanwhile police in the district are advising the general public to always treat Escom wires as live all the time to avoid reoccurrence of similar avoidable incidents”.
what about ESCOM? What is the police advising ESCOM about?
Comments are closed.