Mafco have warned Nyasa Big Bullets players to expect a good beating when the two clubs meet at Civo Stadium on Saturday.
Mafco fc midfielder Zasher Mnong’oneza has said that Mafco will proceed to the next stage in the Carlsberg Cup when they take on Bullets this weekend in the quarterfinals of the Carlsberg Cup.
Mnong’oneza made the remarks in reaction to reports that three Mafco players have been banned after they were found guilty of manhandling Bullets players on Friday last week which is contrary to article 24.12 of the Carlsberg Cup rules and regulations.
During the match, Mafco will miss the services of their top goal scorer Richard Mbulu who has been banned for the rest of the season as well as captain Paul Ndhlovu and Stain Malata who have been handed a six match each.
But Mnong’oneza is confident his team will crush the Blantyre giants.
“Although some of our players have been banned we will not give up, people will be surprised,” Mnong’oneza posted on his Facebook timeline.
He added by promising all Mafco followers that they are going to win and advance to the next level of this year’s Carlsberg cup.
“We promise we are going to proceed into the next stage of the Carlsberg cup. I bet with a strong challenge Mafco is going to win it this weekend and advance to the semis of the Carlsberg cup,” he said.
The winner of the game will book a date with Silver Strikers on the weekend of 28 August, 2016.