Two die due to electrocution in Blantyre

140

Two people have died after being electrocuted in separate incidents in Blantyre.

Last week, a man identified as Mr. Mpawa died while trying to fix an electrical fault in his maize mill in Manyowe township. Mpawa was hit by a powerful shock when he was trying to connect some cables on the circuit board.

In another incident, a 33 year-old man in Zingwangwa Township in the commercial city of Blantyre also died due to an electric shock on Monday night.

Escom Malawi load-sheddingAccording to the city’s deputy police spokesperson, Andrew Mayawo, the deceased has been identified as Amosi Phombeya who hailed from Salema village in the area of Traditional Authority Phombeya in Balaka district.

The publicist said the deceased was a landlord and at around 8 pm on this day he was called by his tenant Atupele Gogoda to fix an electric fault at her house.

The man was hit by a very strong electric shock as he was checking on the main switch and he collapsed.

Meanwhile, the Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (Escom) has since advised the general public not to involve themselves in such scenarios saying whenever they have an electric fault they need to call them.

 

 

Share.

140 Comments

  1. Mmm.. Very bad kma iwowa amadziwadi kapen amangopanga mobela magetsi sioseweretsa amapha ngat munthu sudziwa ndi bwin kuzivomereza nkuitan oyenerera 2 avoid death or injuries

  2. A Escom Sabwela Munthu Utawauza Za Fault Koma Kudzadula Magetsi Ndie Changu Nkana Munthu Anangoti Azithandize Coz Ndipomwe Amapezela Chakudya Cha Tsiku Ndi Tsiku

  3. Mr pawa was he elecrician before? Or he was trying to fix de simple matter,guys plz tiyeni tiphunzire kulemekeza ntchito zaena.

  4. Koma ngati munthu sudziwa kathu zamagetsi no need to go up to power board its 2dangerious mwina linali khalidwe lao lero ndi lero sangangolimba mtima kukagwira mawaya amagetsi kalipokalipo zoziputa magetsi aku Malawi ndi oopsya pompopompo munthu umazima

  5. Ma 27 apa pic ikuonesa kuti a escom anamubweleka makwelelo munthuyi pamene news lkusiyana ndi pic tamaesan kuti pic ndi news izifananako pa little aaaa

  6. Akulu akulu inu..a escom amayerekedwa udyo akauzidwa za fault ..iwo amabwera patatha zaka…munthu popezera nchere pake pake paima…ndiye akanamadikira zausiluzo?bola kungotenga makwelero ndikutsamilitsanso pa mawaya awo omwewo …’amaona kuchedwakuchedwa kuchedwaamaona kuchedwa’…nyimbo imeneyi imandiwazanso bwanji…

    • I believe that problem had nothing to do with escom but electrians; Escom imathera pa meter box but its so sad akadapeza a well trained electrician to do that. May his soul rest in peace

    • Point of correction Mr Mpawa was not ogaitsa but the owner of the maise meal in addition to that moter inaphulika so wanchito anagwidwa shork ndiye he wanted kuti akadwetse switch its when the insident took place ,it wasnt his fort

    • Bwanawa amayenera kuphunzitsa anthu awo safety za mu chigayo komanso akanamaitana akaswiri azizayendera chigayo chawo ngati chili mwa bwino. Imagine shok kumubandura munthu koma main swit osagwa? Motor mukuti inaphulika koma still power inalipo? Pamenepo panali by pass yochuluka. Anyway may his soul rest in peace

    • Bwanawa amayenera kuphunzitsa anthu awo safety za mu chigayo komanso akanamaitana akaswiri azizayendera chigayo chawo ngati chili mwa bwino. Imagine shok kumubandura munthu koma main swit osagwa? Motor mukuti inaphulika koma still power inalipo? Pamenepo panali by pass yochuluka. Anyway may his soul rest in peace

%d bloggers like this: