And while controversies continue in Malawi’s to tier league, the Super League of Malawi (Sulom) says Wizards F.C will be back in the league after Dedza Young Soccer announced their withdrawal from the play offs they had initially protested in court.
Sulom Vice President Daud Suleman told reporters on Saturday at the Kamuzu stadium after the opener of the league Nyasa Big Bullets and Moyale Barracks.
He said that the pulling out of Dedza, the body agreed to pick Wizards in as they had already won an initial meeting with Airborne Rangers.
He said” I think Wizard will come back into the league. Dedza withdrew and Airborne and Wizards already played their game so it still stand so as we speak, Wizard are coming back into the league”.
Suleman further revealed that his association will be meeting this week to identify the 16th team following the confirmation from the Malawi Defence Force (MDF) that Chilumba Barracks will not participate in the league.
The three teams were supposed to play in the playoffs but Dedza had denied that on the basis that it was supposed to qualify since it finished top of the other two teams.
The Dedza side then went ahead to seek an injunction restraining Sulom from holding the play offs before a committee ruled that the playoffs go ahead, only for them to withdraw again in a continued protest.
As is stands, the league has fallen short of two teams with the withdrawal of Chirumba Barracks and Sulom says it is working hard to resolve the issues before the league hots up.