….Celtic releases him from his contract
…to be in active for the next six months
The 22 year old forward was on course to sign a new contract with Bloemfontein Celtic but made a u-turn and signed a pre-contract with Bidvest Wits on Monday morning.
Gabadinho Mhango’s decision to quit his current club for Wits has left club chairman Max Tshabalala in a disarray saying the forward had earlier on agreed to extend his stay at the club.
He said he was shocked to receive a letter from Wits confirming their pre-contract deal with Mhango.
“We know supporters will be hurt to see him going but we tried everything in our power to convince him sign, in the last meeting we had on Friday he promised to sign. We will search for another striker and continue to beef up the squad with quality,” said Tshabalala in a statement on the club’s official website.
The former Bullets striker was a force to reckon with in his debut season no wonder he was voted the players player of the season and was Celtic’s top goal scorer.
However, injuries to his knee saw him missing the 2015/16 league opening and cup games and only made five appearances from which he scored a single goal in the on-going Premier Soccer League (PSL) season.
According to reports, Mhango has signed a three year deal with the Johhanesburg based side and will start his new life on 1 July 2016.
He will join Robin Ngalande and Gerald Phiri Jnr who are playing their trade with Wits.
Meanwhile, Celtic have released the player from his contract with immediate effect.
This means that he will be inactive for the next six months.