Nyasa hit by two big silver bullets


…Pasuwa fails to deliver…

Silver Strikers have advanced to their first ever Fisd Cup final following an emphatic 2-0 victory over Nyasa Big Bullets at Bingu National Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Michael Tete opened the scoring just after 11 minutes when Bullets goalkeeper Rabson Chiyenda was caught off-guard in the line of duty, allowing the Ghanaian to pounce on the mistake before sending the ball into the back of the net, 1-0.

The visitors were struggling to find their form and they hardly completed more than five passes, with their key man Chiukepo Msowoya failing to recover from his penalty miss in the CAF Champions League game on Wednesday.

Bullets midfield failed to outsmart Young Chimodzi Jnr who was making things happen for the hosts.

The best of the chances for Bullets fell to Bright Munthali, but it was not to be their afternoon as he headed over the crossbar.
Moments later, Khuda Muyaba breakthrough in the Bullets half and released Tete who was caught offside by the assistant referee.
Bullets did have chances but Brighton Munthali was in excellent form as he saved expertly from Nelson Kangunje and Righteous Banda.

In the second half, Bullets started very brightly as they were searching for the equalizer.

Their front men pressed harder but they lacked the finishing composure to beat Munthali who was enjoying his game.

Bullets should have leveled the scoreline when defender Yunus Sherrif lost possession to MacPhallen Ngwira who crossed the ball into the box only for Munthali to miss his header with just an inch.
The Bankers’ shot-stopper was called into action for the third time in the half when he kept Banda’s effort for a corner which was cleared by Trevor Kalema.

Bullets then introduced Fischer Kondowe and Henry Kabichi for Kangunje and Ngwira while Tete was replaced by Mphatso Phillimon.
The introduction of the duo made no impact as the Bankers’ defence was too solid at the back.

Bullets’ Msowoya put two headers wide while Banda got his header completely wrong when it seemed easier to score.

The hosts then introduced Ronald Pangani and the young lad completely destroyed Bullets’ comeback hopes when he was brought down in the box by Gabeya, leaving the referee with no choice but to point straight on the spot.

Muyaba stepped up and slotted past Chiyenda to send the whole stadium into a massive celebration.

Bullets tried their level best to at least reduce the arrears when they brought in Mussa Manyenje for Pilirani Zonda but the Area 47 based giants were able to comfortably hold on for the win as they reach the final where they will face Be Forward Wanderers for the top prize.

The defeat means that Bullets coach Callista Pasuwa will end his two-month contract without fulfilling what he was told to do by his bosses when he took over from Rodgers Yasin and Eliya Kananji a month ago.

The duo were fired just days after losing to Masters Security in the semifinals of Carlsberg Cup.

Pasuwa was told to win both the league and Fisd Cup plus ensuring that the People’s Team advance to the group stages of the CAF Champions League, a dream which ended last after they lost to Gor Mahia through the post-match penalties.