Girl, 3, dies in house

0

A three-year-old child died on Wednesday in Kasungu following a house fire.

The incident occurred at Goliati village in the district at around 3pm when the girl was sleeping.

Kasungu Police Public Relations Officer Harry Namwaza identified the girl as Idesi Banda.  Malawi

Namwaza said the grass thatched house caught fire while the girl’s mother had gone to the well to draw water.

“The fire is suspected to have started after wind blew off the fire that the mother had left outside the house,” he explained.

When the mother returned, she found the house on fire. In an attempt to save the life of the child, the mother went into the house but unfortunately she found the child already dead.

The woman sustained severe burns on her body and she is admitted at Kasungu District Hospital where she is receiving treatment.

Post-mortem results showed that the girl die due to suffocation and severe burns.

Meanwhile, Police have advised parents to make sure that they don’t leave their children on their own whenever they are going out.

They are also advising people especially those living in grass houses to avoid leaving open fire when there is nobody at home.

The child hailed from Goliati village, Traditional Authority Lukwa in Kasungu district.

Share.