…to play seven training matches…
The Malawi Under 23 National football team has left the country for Belgium where it’s expected to play seven friendly matches with top clubs in readiness for 2019 African Cup of Nations Under 23 qualifier against Zambia next month.
According to a statement released by the Football Association of Malawi (FAM) on Friday, the team will complete the tour with an international friendly match against Egypt on 8th March.
Head coach Make Mwase told the media that the trip will give him a good platform to prepare against an experienced Zambian Under-23 side.
“Firstly, let me thank National team head coach Ronny Van Geneugden for facilitating the trip and FAM for supporting the idea that we play friendly match’s before facing Zambia.
“The Europe camp will expose and motivate the players but above that, the trip will help us to improve technically by playing against high level players,” he was quoted.
The team will play STTV on 19 February before facing PSV 24 hours later.
Maze’s men will then play OHL on 25 February before facing GENK and RODA JC in succession.
The Under 23 will complete the tour with a match against SP HASSELT on 2 March.
The team has also been given an opportunity to watch a Europa league game between KRC GENK and SLAVIA PRAAG and a Belgium League match between KRC GENK and R ANTWERP FC.
Below is the full delegation:
- Rabson Chained – Nyasa Big Bullets
- Brighton Monthly – Silver Strikers
- Charles Thom – Dwangwa United FC
- Charles Petro – Nyasa Big Bullets
- Trevor Kalema – Silver Strikers
- Mark Fodya – Silver Strikers
- Hadji Wali – Silver Strikers
- Chembezi Denis – Be Forward Wanderers
- Precious Sambani – Nyasa Big Bullets
- Stanley Sanudi – Be Forward Wanderers
- Peter Cholopi – Be Forward Wanderers
- Gomezgani Chirwa – Nyasa Big Bullets
- Peter Banda – Griffin Young Stars
- Isaac Kaliyati – Be Forward Wanderers
- Chimwemwe Idana – Nyasa Big Bullets
- Mike Mkwate – Nyasa Big Bullets
- Enerst Tambe – Be Forward Wanderers
- Laurent Banda – TN Stars
- Gregory Nachipo – Blue Eagles FC
- Francis Mkonda – Masters Security
- Levison Maganizo – Silver Strikers
- Batison Chikaiko – Tigers FC
- Patrick Phiri – Nyasa Big Bullets
- Hassan Kajoke – Nyasa Big Bullets
- Juma Yatina
- Ron Van Geneugden – National Coach
- Meck Mwase – Head Coach
- Peter Mponda – Assistant Coach
- Bob Mpinganjira – Assistant Coach
- Swadick Sanudi – Goalkeepers Coach
- Charles Kamanga – Team Manager
- Aubrey Nankhuni – Assistant Manager
- Chikondi Mandalasi – Physiotherapist
- Happy Tembo – Team Doctor
- Rashid Ntelela – Head of delegation
The team is expected to return home on 9 March ahead of the Zambia match on 20 March at home before the second leg on 26 March in Lusaka.