Electrical fault caused NICO fire – experts

0

A report by a team of forensic fire experts has established that an electrical fault caused the fire that gutted NICO building in the commercial city of Blantyre.

The experts from Crawford and Company which is based in South Africa have established that the electrical fault resulted in the fire that razed part of NICO building.

NICO

NICO fire: experts say it was an accident

Confirming the report, NICO holdings group managing director Vizenge Kumwenda said the report has cleared mist on the cause of the fire.

Kumwenda explained further that the report is to help NICO to claim insurance for renovation of the damaged part of NICO house.

Weeks ago, a fierce fire gutted the third floor of NICO building in Blantyre destroying property worth millions of Malawi kwacha.

The fire lasted for three hours as fire brigade were trying to put it out to prevent further damage.

Crawford and Company’s report on the fire that gutted NICO house has disputed speculation on social media that the fire was caused due to negligence by NICO staff.

Share.