22 October 2016 Last updated at: 8:07 AM
Mulanje bus depot burnt
Fire last night gutted down Mulanje bus depot, Malawi24 can report.
According to Mulanje Police spokesperson Gresham Ngwira, the inferno started at the entrance gate where a shop belonging to Mr Wilson Nkhoma which was being supported by genset due frequent electricity blackouts sparked and ignited the wild blaze.
Ngwira said there was great panic and grief among shop operators as they were witnessing the huge inferno gutting down millions worth of property.
The situation got worse as Mulanje District has no fire fighting vehicles and was banking its hope on Eastern Produce Group of Companies, Tea growers who have some firefighting facilities but shortage of water was also another issue to worry about.
Meanwhile, investigations are still underway to establish the cost of the fire.
Additional reporting by Bright Malenga