Terrible! Malawian boy dies after battery burst into flames

87

A two year-old Malawian boy identified as Aliford Nthali has died after a phone battery that was being charged using a booster in a room where he was sleeping burst into flamesin Nkhatabay district.

According to an eyewitness Mr Kaphedwa, on the night of October 14 2016 Alford was sleeping in a room while his friends were chatting at a neighbouring house.

explosionA phone battery was being charged in the same room through boosting and at a later stage the phone battery got saturated and burst into flames that spread to the beddings of the deceased.

Alford failed to escape and was burnt to death after efforts by well-wishers to rescue him proved futile.

Items worth K140, 000 were also burnt to ashes in the inferno.

Police together with medical personnel later visited the scene of incident and postmortem that was conducted indicated suffocation as cause of death.

The deceased hailed from Zamandere village Traditional Authority (TA) Mkumbira in Nkhatabay district.

Share.

87 Comments

  1. Ur not getting m properly, imean!!!!!!! ena not u¿¿¿ akukomenta ngati zachitikq mwadara ngozi ndi ngozi u can’t control wanimva???????? Haneef muyaya chikavuta chilankhuro timafunsa ena ,Ndiwe wekha amene sudamve shame on u

  2. Nanga choncho,.mavuto amakolo awa. Makolo ena nzeru ngati za chiwala choti chikawuluka chavula, chikatera chavala, choncho mwana akhala bwanji ndi upangili pa moyo wake ngati makoloso mukuchuluka kuzisaka kusiya ana inu musakudziwa chomwe akupanga. look now moyo ndikamodzi, ndikuti wapita umenewo basi simudzabwezeranso.I don’t feel good ndikamava zotelezi, its too bad indeed not good at all, mapeto ake mutilakhulitsa molakwikaso kuti Escom ali chabe fine ndi ma black out awowa, akugwira tchito yabwino yotamandika yama black out. kupechetsakoso ngozi. keep it up Escom.!

    • Im nt tumbuka, koma siatumbuka okha amene amasiya ana ndikumapita ku jon ndiponso pomusiya mwanayo ndikumapita ku jon chinali chikondi, poona kuti palibe chimene akupanga kuno bola apite ku jon akagwire ganyu azimuthandiza mwanayo, chokuza sichiimba ng’oma

  3. Hello friends, my name is Susan Mwanza this a testimony of how i got cure fully from HIV/AIDS, i was diagnose with HIV/AIDS FIVE year ago, i contacted a doctor who later gave me some treatment, but it was like the treatment he gave to me were not enough i was desperately in need of something that will get rid of the deadly virus from my body, my life was miserable i lost my job and few of my friends, not quit long a faithful friend of mine came to me one afternoon telling about what he saw on net a testimony of how DR Abumen cured people from various kind of virus including Herpes, i was like this is a scam, but he old me he believe in what he had read on line’ he told me he will contact DR Abumen on my behalf and he did so, after some days he receive a parcel containing DR Abumen herbal medication, he present it before me to use it, that when am cured i should pay back the money it cost her while negotiating for the medicine, after taking the medicine for some days according to DR Abumen instruction, then i decided to go for check up and i was happy to see that no sign of the virus was found in my body, i am very thankful to my friend, if you are having a similar problem or you need his help you can reach him on (doctorabumen@gmail.com) or you can call or chat with him on whattsapp through +2347085071418, please share to save life.

  4. Nkhani yakupaska chitima,muzimu waki ukawuski muchimangu,RIP,in addition am deeply shoked with the parents of the deceased how can they leave a 2 year old son? Some parents are just producers they don’t care about their kids,ndakwiya nanu

  5. Vuto la azimayi sakumva, ukamuwuza kuti iwe tchito yako uyang’anila ana? Akuti ndiye kuti mnakwatila ku jon, ndikuna kubwela, kusiya mwana wang’ono. Sopano ndichani chimenecho, ena akusiya mwana akudwala ndikupita basi, sibwino, R.I.P.

  6. a short cut is often a wrong,so that was short circuting,atleast now many of us we have learnt something out of this tragedy,so sad, R I P

    • i have witnessed two incidents of fon batteries bursting;the firstlady her battery burst ili mmanja whilst holding her fon;and it started burning.2nd it was a lady also she had put her fon in the braa;and to evryone’s surprise;pple realised something was burning amongst the grp of pple;and to our surprise smoke was coming frpom the ladies body only to dicover the fon battery had burst;and she said the fon bateery was new:so am jus trying to clarify that;our mobile fon batteries are dangerous:we need sufficient grace.

  7. koma abale zinazi ndizadala chifukwa makolo amwanayo bambo ndi mayi ake ali kuno ku south africa nde mwana wa 2 years ungasiyile zako zoona? iwe kukakhala dziko lalitali. anasowa chikondi pa mwanayo but anyway Rip

  8. It happened. I come from the area and was at the boy’s funeral yesterday. It is not the deceased who connected the battery but the older boys who were not there when the explosion happened. Several items were destroyed by the fire including the boy burning to death. It is a pity a young life has been lost in this tragedy,Mhsrip.

  9. The Problem Is Tha People Misuse Eletricity Because Same Story Happened In Mitundu Tc.It Was Announced On Radio,moreover The Escom Officer Warned About Misusing Power,so Zimenezo Ndizadala BCoz Buster Is Always Dangerous.

  10. The Problem Is Tha People Misuse Eletricity Because Same Story Happened In Mitundu Tc.It Was Announced On Radio,moreover The Escom Officer Warned About Misusing Power,so Zimenezo Ndizadala BCoz Buster Is Always Dangerous.

  11. The Problem Is Tha People Misuse Eletricity Because Same Story Happened In Mitundu Tc.It Was Announced On Radio,moreover The Escom Officer Warned About Misusing Power,so Zimenezo Ndizadala BCoz Buster Is Always Dangerous.

    • Just Margin Guyz,escom Already Warned Us About The Dangers Of Electricity,ndiye Munthu Kumakasiya Booster Mu Den Ya Mfana Wa 2yrs,is That Normal?Just Understand My Coment,if U Do Not Get Well My Coment,read It Well And Creally.My Dear Brothers & Sisters Do Not Coment On Issues U Never Know About.U Need To Read The Story B4 Ku Beafana.We R All Malawians.

    • Zikhoza kukhala zoona chifukwa zinandichitikirapo 2009, nthawi imeneyo ndinazingwa so i could not do otherwise but boosting, kunali kuchipinda kwanga so ndinalumikiza charger pa Socket and then ndinaika Battrey lija pa headboard ya bed, ndinatuluka ndikuiwala for some hours, and then ndinalowa kuchipinda kuja ndimkati ndikatenge china chake not issue ya Battrey ija, koma adha the moment ndinangolowa pakhomo lachipinda chija ndinamva kuphulika kwa chinthu so ndinakumbukira za Battrey lija, koma i tell you it was terrible chifukwa panabuka chimoto and panali pafupi ndi Window ndipo curtain inagwilira moto, moti ndikanakhala kuti ndinatalikira mmmmmmm nyumba bwenzi itapsa or else i could have fallen a victim.