Malawi government through the ministry of foreign affairs is slated to hold talks with Mozambique over increased attacks on Malawians in the former Portuguese colony.
The development follows reports of Malawians being attacked while traveling through Mozambique via road.
Last month, four Malawians were killed while three others suffered gunshot wounds after they were attacked by soldiers in Mozambique.
Barely weeks after the attack, a truck driver told Malawi24 that his life was spared at an hour of death after Renamo forces had blocked the road.
A more recent attack was on Friday when three trucks from Malawi were targeted and set ablaze.
Commenting on the matter, ministry of foreign affairs spokesperson Rejoice Shumba said government is to have a gentleman’s talk with the neighbouring country on the issue of attacks.
“We are yet to have talks with Mozambique counterparts on the matter, as reports we have reveal that truck drivers are at risk of losing lives,” said Shumba.
Meanwhile authorities are still looking for a truck driver working for Zagarf Transport who “miraculously” run from the scene of Friday’s attack.