Mphatso Chinguwo, 38 from NKhotakota district has died after drinking too much alcohol without eating any proper food.
Chinguwo was working as a tailor in Mng’omba village, Traditional Authority Mwadzama in Nkhotakota and his sudden death has shocked residents in the village.
According to the deceased’s workmate, Alfred Green, the two were working at their tailoring shop when Chinguwo suddenly collapsed.
Green called other villagers for help and together they took Chinguwo to Alinafe Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A post-mortem conducted at Alinafe Hospital revealed that the deceased died because he took too much liquor.
Chinguwo hailed from Undi village, Traditional Authority Kalonga in Salima.