…as Tay Grin finishes last in MTV Base poll
Blantyre based rapper Classick got voted as the best hip-hop artist of the year 2015 in a social media poll conducted by MTV Base South Africa earlier this week.
The poll which required voters to answer the question, “who owned Malawi in 2015?” attracted a total of 292 votes. Classick went ahead of three other local hip-hop heavy weights, Tay Grin, Fredokiss, and Gwamba to claim the crown.
The Homegrown African affiliate won 51 percent of the votes, leaving the remaining 49 percent for the other artists to fight over. Gwamba came second having claimed 34 percent of the votes while a single vote separated Fredokiss and Tay Grin, who got 8 percent and 7 percent respectively.
In his reaction after the victory, King Zulu, as Classic is popularly known, promised great things this year.
Classick is considered as one of the greatest lyricist of this generation. He is well known for his creativity in incorporating urban touch with a local traditional flavour. Although he is yet to cross borders, Malawians feels Classick has potential to become the country’s flag carrier on the international scene.
Classick together with Hayze Engolah are the rappers behind Homegrown African, a group which has managed to release blockbuster hits including Radio, Bola Kunthanzi, and This is Africa (TIA).
Who owned Malawi in 2015?
Vote, comment and RT
Like for Third Eye
— MTV Base South (@MTVBaseSouth) January 11, 2016